April 20, 2012


Jonathan Frid remembered by Johnny Depp; ‘Catching Fire’ has a director 
 


Jonathan Frid, from "Dark Shadows.” (AP/ABC) Johnny Depp has released a statement full of kind words for Jonathan Frid , the actor who played Barnabas Collins on the soap opera “Dark Shadows” and died last Friday. Depp plays the character in Tim Burton’s film adaptation, which hits theaters this May.


“Jonathan Frid was the reason I used to run home from school to watch ‘Dark Shadows,’” Depp said in a statement. “When I had the honor to finally meet him, as he so generously passed the torch of Barnabas to me, he was as elegant and magical as I had always imagined.  My deepest condolences to his family and friends. The world has lost a true original.”

By Sarah Anne Hughes

No comments:

Post a Comment