July 9, 2012

Reggie Jackson: 'When timing is proper, I'll return'

Reggie Jackson: 'When timing is proper, I'll return'
Jul 09, 2012
By Bob Nightengale, USA TODAY
Reggie Jackson has been banned indefinitely by the New York Yankees after he made disparaging comments about Alex Rodriguez published in last week's edition of Sports Illustrated.

Jackson confirmed to USA TODAY Sports that he has been asked to stay away from the team.

Said Jackson, choosing his words carefully: "The Yankees think that the timing is not right for me to be around the team right now. When the Yankees feel that the timing is proper, I'll return.''


Jackson's comments questioned the slugger's home run numbers after Rodriguez admitted to using performance enhancing drugs.

"Al's a very good friend," Jackson told Sports Illustrated. "But I think there are real questions about his numbers. As much as I like him, what he admitted about his usage does cloud some of his records."

The Yankees' request that Jackson "stay away" from the team were first reported by ESPN.

Jackson was not with the Yankees in Boston over the weekend for their series with the Boston Red Sox.

No comments:

Post a Comment