April 30, 2012

Caron Butler

Butler fractures hand in Clippers' win

APR 30, 2012
Hawks vs. CelticsForward Caron Butler fractured his left hand during the Los Angeles Clippers' incredible 99-98 win Sunday in Game 1 at Memphis, and he is expected to miss a month.

"It happened early in the third quarter, my hand got caught in Rudy Gay's jersey coming off a pindown screen," Butler said during a televised postgame interview. "I was able to keep playing but once I got subbed out, I felt the throbbing. I went and got the X-ray and noticed I got a fracture."

He left the game with 2:38 remaining in the third quarter and did not return, finishing with 12 points on 5-for-12 shooting.

The Clippers trailed 81-55 at the time, but rallied to stage an epic win. Chris Paul hit two free throws with 23.7 seconds left to secure the victory, which saw the Clippers close on a 28-3 run to overturn a 27-point deficit.


"That's why you have to keep playing and give yourself a chance. It worked this time and we'll take it," Clippers coach Vinny Del Negro said.

"Our guys didn't give up. I can't tell you how proud of them I am. They just gutted it out."

Nick Young had 19 points off the bench for the Clippers, forward Blake Griffin scored 17 points with seven rebounds and Paul finished with 14 points and 11 assists
From.foxsports.com

No comments:

Post a Comment