August 3, 2012

Tyler Clary live tweets NBC's coverage of his gold finish


Tyler Clary live tweets NBC's coverage of his gold finish
By Scott Gleeson, USA TODAY 2012/8/03
While NBC's primetime, tape-delay coverage has been heavily scrutinized throughout the London Games, Tyler Clary only added fuel to the fire.
The swimmer, who won an Olympic gold medal in the 200-meter backstroke Wednesday afternoon, decided to make use of social media by live tweeting his victory with hilarious play-by-play analysis on the Wednesday night NBC broadcast.

That's the beauty of a tape delay, and with the Summer Olympics being dubbed the "Social Games" for its emphasis on Twitter and Facebook, Clary took full advantage of getting to watch his gold medal victory when Americans tuned in.



Considering Clary's questioned Michael Phelps' work ethic (Yes, he called out the greatest Olympian of all-time), it's not that surprising that he stayed up past 3 a.m. in London to pull a stunt like this. Plus, after edging Ryan Lochte and shattering Lochte's record with an impressive 1:53.41 time, who wouldn't want to relive that?

Ever wonder what's going through an athlete's head as they're on the path to Olympic glory?

Well, Clary's got it covered. Here's a scroll of his live-tweet fun:

" Right now I am completely in the zone, I have never felt so relaxed and prepared to fly!!!"

"I see that I'm behind Ryan at the 100 but I am only thinking about building into the last 75"

"All I could think about after I saw that result was my high school coach Kevin Perry who passed away during my freshman year of college"

"It still hasn't even processed in my head what happened today, so thankful for everyone in my life. I love you all!!!"





http://sirifarm.com/index.html


To: From:


Depart:






Stops:



Return:







Adults (15-64)




Children (2-14)




Seniors (65+)







No comments:

Post a Comment